Structural Timber Engineer
Hamlet Design+Build Technology is a young company based in the Amsterdam area. We are specialized in designing, engineering and the construction of mass timber buildings.
We are currently working on various high rise projects with a total floor area of 25,000M2.
To grow our team, we are looking for a Structural Timber Engineer who is experienced with both CLT and residential buildings.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Perform structural engineering design, including preparation and checking of engineering calculations and design sketches for steel and mass timber structures, connection design.
- Perform checking of structural drawings.
- Coordinate with and gather information from other disciplines and owner, with knowledge of the impact of other discipline design data on structural design.
- Prepare structural calculations and drawings based on latest building codes and industry standards, scope of work documents and other engineering deliverables.
- Prepare/review specifications and reports
- Visit job site, perform job walk and take necessary measurements
What's in your backpack?
- 3 years experience as a Structural (Timber) Engineer
- Proficient with structural analysis software Dlubal RFEM and relevant add-ons
- Strong knowledge of EN-1990/1991/1993/1995/1997
- Experience in design of steel and mass timber structures, steel and timber connection design
- Familiar with the principles of design for manufacturing and assembly
- You feel comfortable as part of a small, enthusiastic team and within an informal company culture
- You master the English language in word and writing at a professional level (knowledge of Dutch is a plus)
- You are able to plan your own tasks and projects
What do we have to offer?
- Young, enthusiastic team
- Barista quality coffee
- Located in the heart of the lovely city of Haarlem; only 15 minutes from Amsterdam and 10 minutes from the beach
- Competitive salary
- Last but not least; very cool projects
Please send your e-mail and CV to hans @ hamlet.nl